Providing reliable, quality, rigorous and free information: this is the commitment of the 7 national branches and 44 local stations of Radio France, in accordance with our public service missions.
From burning information to deepening and putting it into perspective, our 7 national branches guarantee, thanks to their complementarity, a processing of information that meets the diversity of French people’s expectations. The 906 journalists of Radio France share, in accordance with their public service values, the same requirements:
- Deontological excellence;
- Proximity to the field thanks to the territorial network of the 44 local stations of France Bleu;
- Verification of information;
- The pluralism of ideas.
It is therefore quite natural that Radio France is associated with the Visa pour l’Image International Photojournalism Festival, which helps to highlight the work of the most talented photojournalists through exhibitions in Perpignan from August 27 to September 11.
This year again, photojournalists are tragically honored and Visa pour l’Image pays tribute to them and brings together industry professionals and enthusiasts in Perpignan, from August 27 to September 11, 2022.
This 34th edition, centered on armed conflicts and the pandemicfinds its exhibitions in various heritage sites in the city, its evenings of projections outdoors, its met and conferences as well as its price discounts.
Exhibitions throughout the city of Perpignan
Free admission, every day from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., from August 27 to September 11, 2022. The exhibitions remain open especially for school groups (by appointment) from September 12 to 16 and from September 19 to 23.
For those who cannot be present in Perpignan at the beginning of September, it will be possible to visit most of the exhibitions virtually on the Visa pour l’Image website.
- “All” in withdrawal by Francoise Hugier
- 1 Ocean by Alexis Rosenfeld with Unesco
- At the heart of the Burmese rebellion by Siegfried Modola
- Walkabouts by Jean-Claude Coutausse for the world
- In the chambers of the mind by Valerio Bispuri
- Dias Eternos: Venezuela, El Salvador, Guatemala (2017-2022) by Ana Maria Arevalo Gosenwinner of the 2021 Camille Lepage Prize
- On the sidelines by Eugene Richards
- Between war and peace by Goran Tomasevic
- Hafizas by Sabiha Cimenwinner of the 2020 Canon Female Photojournalist Fellowship
- Happy Pills by Paul Woods, Arnaud-Robert
- The end of an endless war by Andrew Quilty for Agence Vu’
- The Sixth Extinction by Alain Ernoult
- The twelfth voyage of the schooner Tara by Maeva Bardy for the Tara Ocean Foundation with the participation of Figaro Magazine
- Mariupol, Ukraine by Mstyslav Chernov, Evgeny Maloletka for The Associated Press
- World Fisheries by George Steinmetz
- Bush pilots in Alaska by Acacia Johnsonwinner of the 2021 Canon Female Photojournalist Fellowship
- Tirelessly by Tamara Saade
- Zor – In the largest Roma ghetto in Europe by Selene Magnolia
Screening evenings at Campo Santo
From August 27 to September 11, Exhibitions of the best photojournalistic subjects from around the world retracing the significant events of the year will be broadcast each evening at 9:30 p.m.
From August 29 to September 3, outdoor screenings retracing the key events of the year will be broadcast each evening at 9:30 p.m. The screenings will be broadcast live at the Théâtre de l’Archipel (also a fallback location in case of bad weather).
The public will also be able to enjoy 9 to 10 minute sequences specially produced to be broadcast on the visapourlimage.com website.
On the program for this 2022 edition: the news of the year on all continents: wars, crises, politics, unusual, sport, culture, science, environment… (non-exhaustive list and subject to modifications)
- The war in Ukraine
- Afghanistan after the return of the Taliban
- Syria, Yemen, Sudan: conflicts in the background
- Climate change
- The Democratic Republic of Congo
- The presidential election in France
- Tribute to Tom Stoddart, Sabine Weiss, Francis Apesteguy, Steve Schapiro
- David Turnley, 50 years of photojournalism
- 40 years of the laif agency
Meetings, debates and conferences
Espace Nouvelles Ecritures, Sauramps bookstore, readings of portfolios, ARTE Reportage and major news reports, Meeting with exhibiting photographers, presentation of the Mentor Prize – Freelens
The best photojournalistic subjects from around the world rewarded
Various prizes rewarding the best reports of the past year will be awarded from August 31, including the Visa d’or News on September 3.
Prizes are awarded to stories in different categories each year, including:Golden Visas” (in the News, Magazine and Daily Press categories), the Prize of the City of Perpignan Rémi Ochlikthe Camille Lepage Awardthe Humanitarian Golden Visa of the International Committee of the Red Cross, the Pierre-et-Alexandra-Boulat Prizethe ANI-PixTrakk Awardthe Carmignac Prize for Photojournalismthe Golden visa of honor from Figaro Magazine and the Golden Visa for Digital Information franceinfo.
Focus on the Visa Gold Award for Digital Information franceinfo
This 7th edition is organized by Visa pour l’Image – Perpignan with the support of public service audiovisual media: Radio France, France Médias Monde, France Télévisions and the National Audiovisual Institute.
Faced with the constant flow of information, it rewards a project, a content, a digital creation – virtual reality, interactivity, video – editorialized and posted on social networks… proposing a perspective of information. This prize comes with a cash prize of €8,000.
The Visa d’or report from Digital Information franceinfo in 2021 was won by The Amazon River, source of life, vector of a pandemic ”, produced by The New York Times newspaper, photographs by Tyler Hicks and texts by Julie Turkewitz and Manuela Andreoni.
► Check out the survey at https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/07/25/world/americas/coronavirus-brazil-amazon.html
► Free admission, every day from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., from August 28 to September 12, the weekend of September 18 and 19, 2021. The Couvent des Minimes will be accessible the weekend of September 25 and 26.
- Photo exhibitions to the public: 27/08 to 11/09;
- Professional week: 29/08 to 03/09;
- School week: 12/09 to 23/09.
► All information and programs are available on visapourlimage.com.