Meta had promised us several months ago the end of the mandatory Facebook connection to be able to use the Meta Quest and as announced a few weeks ago, this is now the case with the arrival of software version v43.
Since last week, Meta has indeed started to deploy in a very progressive way, the new update of the Quest and Quest 2 helmets. You will find below the complete list of the new features of this v43 which concerns almost exclusively the arrival of the new Meta accounts which are intended to replace the Oculus accounts linked to Facebook.
The new Meta account structure is starting to roll out. It offers users more flexibility and control in virtual reality. You will no longer need to log into your Meta VR devices with a Facebook account. It also means that:
- The Oculus profile migrates to a new Meta Horizon profile, which you can customize as you see fit.
- Your “friends” will now become “followers”, similar to Instagram’s existing model.
- You will have the option to add your Facebook and/or Instagram account to the same account center as your Meta account, which unlocks connected experiences in VR.
- We’re rolling out new controls to help you more easily manage your privacy settings.
Meta Quest Guides
Deployment of Meta Quest guides. Now users can:
- Watch device and feature tutorials
- Discover what’s new in the latest version of the Meta Quest software
- Find answers to top questions and get troubleshooting tips to fix issues
Gradual rollout to users over time.